Amenities and Features
- Generous lots sizes: Our lots run anywhere from 1.5 acres to 3.5 acres in size!
- Abundant wildlife: Wake up to the sounds of toucans, monkeys, and cicadas!
- Rainforest canopy: We are located on the edge of the rainforest, affording privacy, shade, and habitat for wildlife while still allowing for views. Contrary to many developments that denude the land, Alazan is preserving and even improving the landscape by planting native trees and plants that will attract monkeys, birds, butterflies, and other native local wildlife.
- Stunning views: Alazanians enjoy forest, river valley, mountain, and ocean views
- Water: While we encourage homeowners to harvest rainwater and make use of gray water recycling where possible, our community is fortunate to also have access to a regional water system, sourced from an Artesian Well located high in the Parrita Valley watershed. Our water has been lab-tested for contaminants, confirming that the water is safe for consumption. Water conservation is a key Alazan Community value.
- Electricity: Costa Rica’s national electricity system – ICE – maintains the electrical poles and wires that we installed for the benefit of Alazan residents. We also encourage homeowners to consider installing solar and wind energy systems.
- Roads: Alazan’s road system is constructed to reduce concentrated road runoff and allow rainfall infiltration through the use of concrete strips, permeable pavers, and road drainage control features. These road construction methods improve durability, reduce erosive forces, and improve drivability. We are continuously working on maintaining durable road surfaces in environmentally sensitive ways, such as through the use of vegetative plantings and natural materials to manage erosion and help stabilize slopes where needed.
- Security: A welcoming entrance gate provides privacy and security to the Alazan community, and an adjacent gatekeeper house serves as an additional security measure. The project manager house is located near the top of the property, and provides additional security for Alazan residents and visitors. We have 3 families who live at Alazan full time, and our construction project manager is onsite for most of the year, so you can be assured that there are eyes and ears on the property at all times. Alazan residents Mani, Dude, and Chumi, all part of Alazan’s (canine) welcoming committee, are around to sound the alert as well.
- Internet access: Many Alazanians have excellent internet access, improved internet service is being developed to extend this system to all lots
- Secluded but not isolated: Alazan is located just 15 minutes from Parrita, and 40 minutes from two major tourist destinations
- Access to an adjacent 40-acre jungle reserve: Alazan has acres of land to explore
- Active Homeowners Association: Our active HOA is always looking for ways to improve our community. Annual onsite meetings give everyone an opportunity to develop friendships, collaborate on community projects, and vote on important issues affecting Alazan.
Building your dream home in Alazan >
Back to top